Wednesday, June 6, 2012


These two paintings are from the show "Depth". The top piece Virus was painted during my winter break while the bottom was made during my last semester, which is called Alter of Life and Imagination. Virus was inspired by this strange experience I had when waking up in the middle of the night with a face staring me down with wide, glowing eyes, while in a panicked state the face slowly slipped out of my bedroom door. Whether it was a dream or some paranormal encounter it still leaves me with curiosity to how why this occurred, making this an interesting subject matter. Alter of Life and Imagination was referenced from a photograph taken 50 or so years ago in Vietnam. I used this image as a departure point to create a more abstract composition, I have more photographs that I intend to use for a series.

No comments:

Post a Comment