Monday, May 7, 2012

This piece is called Personal Revelation done in acrylic on canvas. I think this was one of those paintings that took a lot of time compared to the other paintings that arrived to some resolution quicker. I would work on it, store it away, then take it back out until finally I worked on it consistently until I brought it to a state where I was satisfied. The only changes I've made after this photograph is the plant in the green vase to the left of the painting, the pink bulb-like felt a little flat so I worked on them adding more depth with a periwinkle color giving it a little more excitement with the plant. It was in my recent group show Depth and is on display at the Montserrat College of Art main gallery All Senior Show, up from the 7th till the 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment